Sir Mokshagundam Vishweshvaraya popularly known as Sir MV or M. Vishweshvaraya was an Indian engineer, scholar, statesman.
Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, born on 15 September, 1861, in Muddenahalli near Chikkaballapur into a Telugu Brahmin family.He completed his primary education from his village school and went to high school in Bangalore.He did his graduation in Bachelor of Arts in 1881 from Central College,Bangalore.
He took his degree in Engineering in 1884.He was a man of high principles and discipline and a famous Civil Engineer.He went on to become India’s most prolific civil engineer, dam builder, economist, statesman, and can be counted among the last century’s foremost nation-builders.
He also served as the 19th Diwan(Maharaja served from 1912-1918) of Mysore.
His Father’s name is Mokshagundam Srinivasa Shastry and Mother’s name is Venkatalakshmamma.He belongs to the poor family and lost his father at an early age.But his uncle Ramayya not spared any effort in giving his nephew the best possible education.
He died at the age of 101 on 14th April,1962.
- “Life isn’t meant to be easy. It’s hard to take being on the top – or on the bottom. I guess I’m something of a fatalist. You have to have a sense of history, I think, to survive some of these things… Life is one crisis after another”.
- “I have a new philosophy. I’m only going to dread one day at a time”.
- “I’m youth, I’m joy, I’m a little bird that has broken out of the egg.I’m just writing a story that I want to read”.
- “There are some days I practice positive thinking, and other days I’m not positive I am thinking”.
- “It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, Go away, I’m looking for the truth, and so it goes away. Puzzling”
Whether 'Zee News' or 'The Hindu', they never have to worry about funds. In name of saving democracy, they get money from various sources. We need your support to run this website. Please contribute whatever amount you can afford.