Madhuri Dixit Nene is a legendary Indian actress who primarily works in Bollywood movies. In her career as an actress, she has appeared in over 70 films. Madhuri Dixit is considered one of the most talented and versatile actresses in Bollywood history. Her grace, beauty, and captivating screen presence have made her a beloved figure among Indian audiences. Madhuri Dixit was credited for uniquely paralleling her male contemporaries and leading star vehicles within a predominantly male industry.
Madhuri Dixit was born on 15 May,1967 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her father’s name is Shankar Dixit and her mother’s name is Snehlata Dixit who recently died in Mumbai at the age of 90. She had three siblings, one brother named Ajit Dixit and two sister’s Rupa Dixit and Bharati Dixit. Madhuri completed her schooling from Divine Child High School, Mumbai and after that she did a degree in Microbiology from Parle College, Mumbai.
Madhuri Dixit got married to Dr. Shriram Nene, a cardiovascular surgeon based in the United States, on October 17, 1999. The wedding took place in Los Angeles, California, and was a private ceremony attended by close friends and family. After the wedding, Madhuri moved to the United States with her husband and took a break from acting to focus on her family life. She gave birth to two sons, Arin and Raayan, in 2003 and 2005, respectively. In 2006, Madhuri and her family moved back to India.
Madhuri started her acting career in 1984 with the movie “Abodh”. However, her breakthrough role came in the 1988 film “Tezaab”, which made her an overnight star. Madhuri’s performance in the movie, particularly the song “Ek Do Teen”, earned her critical acclaim and established her as one of the leading actresses of Bollywood. Madhuri took a break from acting in 1999 after her marriage to Dr. Shriram Nene, a cardiovascular surgeon based in the United States. She returned to Bollywood in 2007 with the film “Aaja Nachle”. She has since appeared in several successful films, including “Devdas” (2002), “Gulaab Gang” (2014), and “Kalank” (2019).
Apart from her acting career, Madhuri has also been a judge on several dance reality shows, including “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” and “Dance Deewane”. She has also been actively involved in social causes such as child welfare, health, and education.
Madhuri Dixit Nene has achieved several accolades and accomplishments throughout her career. Here are some of her notable achievements:
- Four Filmfare Awards for Best Actress: Madhuri Dixit has won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress four times for her performances in the films “Beta” (1993), “Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!” (1995), “Dil To Pagal Hai” (1998), and “Mrityudand” (1999).
- Padma Shri: In 2008, Madhuri Dixit was honored with the prestigious Padma Shri award, one of India’s highest civilian honors, for her contribution to Indian cinema.
- National Film Award: Madhuri Dixit won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the film “Mrityudand” (1999).
- Madhuri Dixit Dance Academy: In 2013, Madhuri Dixit launched her online dance academy, where she teaches various forms of Indian dance to students worldwide.
- Wax Statue at Madame Tussauds: In 2012, a wax statue of Madhuri Dixit was unveiled at Madame Tussauds wax museum in London.
- UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador: In 2014, Madhuri Dixit was appointed as a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF India to promote child rights and welfare.
- Doctorate Degree: In 2019, Madhuri Dixit was conferred with a doctorate degree by the University of Mumbai for her contribution to Indian cinema.
Madhuri Dixit’s accomplishments reflect her talent, hard work, and dedication to her craft. She is an inspiration to many and continues to be a beloved figure in Indian cinema.
Madhuri Dixit has had a relatively controversy-free career. However, there have been a few incidents that have caused some controversy. Here are some of the notable controversies involving Madhuri Dixit:
- Rumored Affairs: Madhuri Dixit’s personal life has always been a topic of interest for the media and her fans. She was rumored to be in a relationship with actor Sanjay Dutt during the filming of “Saajan” (1991) and “Khalnayak” (1993), both of which they starred in. However, both of them have denied the rumors.
- Marathi Film Controversy: In 2018, Madhuri Dixit produced and starred in the Marathi film “Bucket List”. The film faced controversy when some Marathi filmmakers accused her of promoting the Hindi language over the Marathi language in the film. Madhuri clarified that the film was made in Marathi and that she was proud of her Marathi roots.
- Endorsement of Maggi Noodles: In 2015, Madhuri Dixit faced criticism for endorsing Maggi noodles, which was found to have unsafe levels of lead and MSG. Madhuri clarified that she was not aware of the health hazards and that she had discontinued the endorsement.
Despite these controversies, Madhuri Dixit has managed to maintain a positive image in the media and is widely respected for her talent and contributions to Indian cinema. Currently there’s a controversy that Netflix gets legal notice over derogatory remarks on Madhuri Dixit in ‘The Big Bang Theory’. A political analyst has filed a lawsuit against Netflix over an episode of the American sitcom ‘The Big Bang Theory’. Based on a report in the news agency PTI, he claims that it uses a “derogatory term” to refer to Bollywood actor Madhuri Dixit.