World Heart Day:
Every Year,World Heart Day is celebrated on 29th September. This day was founded on 2000 by World Heart Federation,A Non-Governmental organization based in Geneva, Switzerland.
About World Heart day:
This day was founded to inform and educate the people around the world that heart diseases and strokes are the leading causes of death in the world and also highlights the actions that individuals should take to prevent and control CVD.
World Heart day is a day of global campaign in which individuals, Families and Governments participate in the activities to take charge of their as well as others heart health. It is a chance for the people across the world to take part in the world’s biggest intercession against the Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
Through this Campaign, Together with health organizations such as WHO, World Heart Federation (WHF) unites people all around the world and inspire and drives international action to encourage heart-healthy living across the globe. It aims to educate people that by controlling risk factors like use of tobacco , intake of improper diet and physical inactivity, We can avoid at least 80% of premature deaths from heart diseases and strokes.
What Happens on World Heart Day:
On this day, WHF organizes awareness in more than 100 countries. The Awareness programme includes,
- Health Check-Ups
- Stage shows and concerts
- Public Talks
- Sports Events like walks, runs and fitness sessions
Quotes and Sayings on World Heart Day:
- “You live longer and healthier if you have a heart that beats without any complications”.
- “Life is more beautiful and more fun when you have a heart that beats right”.
- “My Heart,Your Heart”.
- “Do what it takes to start, to have a healthy heart”.
- “Fruits & veggies – more matters”.
- “Heart disease let’s defeat, Keep a healthy Heart Beat”.
- “Put a stop to it before it stops you”.
Tweets on the World Heart Day :
Ministry Of Health said that:
Sachin Tendulkar tweeted that:
All India Mahila Congress said that: