Article 370 of the Indian Constitution gives special status to the Jammu and Kashmir state. Article 370 is a special Article of the Indian Constitution which means that Jammu and Kashmir has given the special powers compare to other states in India. It was prepared in special involvement by Jawaharlal Nehru’s.
Article 370 in j&k? Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir
- 1 Article 370 in j&k? Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir
- 2 When was Article 370 passed?
- 3 Who gave Article 370, Who Created Article 370?
- 4 Can Article 370 be Amended?
- 5 Article 370 Advantages and Disadvantages
- 6 Tags
- The citizens of Jammu and Kashmir have dual citizenship.
- The national flag of Jammu and Kashmir is different.
- Jammu and Kashmir’s tenure of the Assembly is 6 years, while other states of India,s tenure of the Assemblies is 5 years.
- In India, there is crime to insult national flag or national symbols but in Jammu and Kashmir there is no crime to insult national flag or national symbols.
- India’s highest court orders are not valid within Jammu and Kashmir.
- If any woman of Jammu and Kashmir is married to a person of another state of India, the citizenship of that woman will end. On the opposite if she marries a person from Pakistan, he will also get the citizenship of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Due to Section 370, RTI, RTE AND CAG is not applicable in Kashmir, is not applicable.
- Sharia law is applicable for women in Kashmir.
- Panchayat rights in Kashmir.
- The peon gets only 2500rs in Kashmir.
- In Kashmir, the minority [Hindu-Sikh] does not get 16% reservation.
- Because of Section 370, people outside Kashmir cannot buy the land.
- Article 370, Pakistanis also get Indian citizenship. For this, Pakistanis have to marry only a Kashmiri girl.
When was Article 370 passed?
Adopted on 17 November 1956 and came into force on 26 January 1957 by Sheikh Abdullah but Both, India and Pakistan had their own interpretation.
Who gave Article 370, Who Created Article 370?
The provision was drafted in 1947 by Sheikh Abdullah, who had by then been appointed prime minister of Jammu & Kashmir by Maharaja Hari Singh and Jawahar Lal Nehru
Can Article 370 be Amended?
The Article 370 could be abrogated or only upon the approval of the State’s citizen Assembly.
Article 370 Advantages and Disadvantages
Article 370 advantages
- Kashmir gets an advantage as there is less competition and more opportunities for the citizens.
- Local brands are still running.
Article 370 disadvantages
- Medical facilities are not so good
- Terrorism is high because of Dual Citizenship
- The peon gets only 2500rs in Kashmir
- Due to Section 370, RTI, RTE AND CAG is not applicable in Kashmir
- It’s difficult for outsiders to establish business in Kashmir
Article 370 quora, who drafted article 370, Article 370, Article 370 Explanation
Whether 'Zee News' or 'The Hindu', they never have to worry about funds. In name of saving democracy, they get money from various sources. We need your support to run this website. Please contribute whatever amount you can afford.