Latest News of Viam Gokhale
He died on 22 November at a private hospital in Pune after a prolonged illness. Marathi and Hindi cinema have lost a great actor in his death.
- Vikram Gokhale is a film and television actor, who has also worked as a stage actor and directed a few films. He is mainly known for the roles he has played in Hindi and Marathi films.
- Vikram has been awarded many awards and honors for his excellent performance in his film career. Apart from this, he has acted in more than 80 films and has also worked in various television serials.
- Gokhale was also a social worker. His family’s charity foundation provides financial assistance for the care of disabled soldiers, orphaned children, and the education of orphaned children.
Vikram Gokhale Biography
- Name – Vikram Gokhale
- Birthday – 14 November 1945
- Place of Birth – Poona, Bombay Presidency, British India (Present day Pune, Maharashtra, India)
- Age – 77 years (at the time of death)
- Death Day – 23 November 2022
- Death Place – Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Hometown – Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Zodiac sign – Sagittarius
- Citizenship – Indian
- Religion – Hindu
- Length – 5 feet 8 inches
- Weight – 70 kg
- Eye Color – Black
- Hair Color – Black and White
- Occupation – Film and television actor
- Debut Film – Parwana (1971)
- Marital Status – Married
Family of Vikram Gokhale
- Father – Chandrakant Gokhale
- Mother – Hemvati Gokhale
- Brother – Bhishma Gokhale, Mohan Gokhale
- Sister – Aparajita Munje
- Wife – Vrushali Gokhale
- Grandmother – Kamlabai Gokhale
- Children 2
Film career of Vikram Gokhale
- Vikram Gokhale has worked in theatre, television and Hindi, Marathi films in his career. He has acted in more than 80 films and 17 television serials.
- Undoubtedly, he is one of the most talented actors who have made a mark in the cinematic world. Hence, he is considered as the most popular and most loved actor in the film industry.
- In 2010, he made his directorial debut – a Marathi film “Aaghat”, which was produced by Sprint Arts Creations in association with Rajesh Damble (Executive Producer). The film was written by Dr. Nitin Lavangare and stars Dr. Amol Kolhe, Mukta Barve and others.
- Apart from directing films, he is also good at acting and has worked in many films, such as; “Tum Bin” released in 2001, “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam” released in 1999, “Madhoshi” (2004) and others which are worth watching.
- However, he also runs a real estate firm and named it as “Sujatha Farms” located in Pune, India.
8 unknown facts about Vikram Gokhale
- Award winning actor
Gokhale was awarded the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 2011 for his acting performance in a theater play given by the Sangeet Natak Akademi, India’s National Academy of Music, Dance and Drama.
- National Film Awards
Among various prestigious awards and honours, the actor was awarded the National Film Award in the Best Actor category for his Marathi film ‘Anumati’.
- Worked with Gurdeep Kohli
In 2001, the most famous actor Vikram Gokhale made an appearance in the most watched television serial ‘Sanjivani’, a medical boom drama, in which he shared screen space with Gurdeep Kohli.
- He and Chandrakant Gokhale
There are many people who are unaware of her relationship with famous Marathi actor Chandrakant Gokhale. And you will be surprised to know that Vikram is the son of famous Marathi theater and film actor Chandrakant Gokhale.
- Popular role
The actor played an important role in a Bollywood film named ‘Tum Bin’, which became an instant hit of the year 2001. The film stars Priyanshu Chatterjee, Sandali Sinha and Himanshu Malik. The songs of the film also became popular and were liked by all.
- He and Durgabai Kamat
The actor is the grandson of renowned artist Dugabai Kamat, who was known as the first lady on the Indian big screen.
- Belongs to the family of stars
Vikram Gokhale is one of the most talented actors known to belong to a family of stars as his father was a renowned Marathi stage and film actor and his grandmother Durgabai Kamat was also a great and talentd artist.
- Charity work
The actor is involved in some charitable work as he runs a charitable organization along with his family which also works for disabled soldiers, orphans and other needy people. In addition, he runs his own real estate company based in Pune, India.
Awards and Achievements of Vikram Gokhale
- 2013 National Award for Best Actor (shared with Irrfan Khan) for his role in ‘Anumati’
- Vishnudas Bhave Lifetime Achievement Award (2015)
- Balraj Sahni Award by ‘Balraj Sahni-Sahir Ludhianvi Foundation’
- Haribhau Sane Jeevanaurav Award in the year 2017
- Pulotsav Samman (December 2018)
- Chitrapati V. Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award
- Vikram Gokhale passed away
- He has retired from acting in drama due to throat trouble (Feb 2016 News). At present, he is working to provide acting training to budding artists.
Stay Connected with HOTGOSSIPS for more interesting topics.