Winter might be your favorite season but definitely not your skin’s. Winter might be your favorite season but definitely not your skin’s. You get to wear all your pretty and cozy sweaters but your skin has to go through a lot of dryness, flakiness, irrigation and what not. To add upon this most of us don’t use the right moisturizers and sunscreens and even experience break outs.
But its not just the face, during cold seasons, our full body needs special care for it to stay beautiful and healthy throughout the year.
So here are The 10 DIY Beauty Hacks you Need to know this winter!!
1. Olive Oil Hair mask is the easiest and the most effective way of keeping your hair from dullness and dryness during winters, preventing the problems of hairloss and split end.
Method – Heat olive oil for 2 minutes and apply it from root to tip of your hair.
2. Honey and Rosewater face pack – Honey acts as a natural moisturizer for the skin and makes it soft. Rose water tones the skin.
Method – Mix equal parts of honey and Rosewater and apply all over the face. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water.
3. Nothing heals like our good old Ghee.
Method – apply it at night and wake up to soft, healed lips.
4. Natural lip colour – Since lips are most affected by winter dryness, moisturizing it with a good lip balm is a must. But with that, lipsticks should also be avoided, especially Matt ones. Instead use this natural method to get the perfect coloured lips.
Method – Dip Gems or M&M (desired colour) in warm water and apply it gently on your lips and see how you get a perfect coloured lips.
5. If you are the one who prefers shaving over waxing, ditch your shaving cream for hair conditioner. Hair conditioner moisturizes your skin while you shave, leaving it silky smooth.
6. Scrub and moisturize – Prepare a natural scrub with rock salt and honey. It exfoliates, moisturizes and smoothens the skin.
Mixture – Dip your body in water while bathing, take a spoonful of mixture in your palm add a few drops of water to make it smooth and scrub it all over the body.
7. Heal your dry and cracked feet with Vaseline/ olive oil.
Method – Apply Vaseline at night, put on a pair of socks and leave it overnight.
8. After washing hair, use an old cotton T-shirt instead of towel to dry them. Towels are generally harsh for the hair, developing split end and dryness.
9. Taking long showers/baths can damage the moisturizing layer of your skin.
Set a timer of maximum 20 minutes and try not to shower too frequently.
10. Add oatmeal to your bathing water. Oats contain anti-inflammatory qualities, which soothes dry and ruddy skin while exfoliating dead skin.
Method – Put 1/2 cup of oats in a nylon cloth or in a sock and keep it dipped in your bathtub.
Whether 'Zee News' or 'The Hindu', they never have to worry about funds. In name of saving democracy, they get money from various sources. We need your support to run this website. Please contribute whatever amount you can afford.