Sunita Kejriwal Biography
|Profession||Retired Civil Servant|
|Famous For||Being the wife of Arvind Kejriwal|
|Physical Stats and more|
|Height (Approx)||In Centimeters – 160 cm|
In meters – 1.60mIn feet and inches – 5′ 3″
|Service||Indian Revenue Service (IRS)|
|Retired||2016 (Voluntarily Retired)|
|Chief Designation||Commissioner of Income Tax, Income Tax Appellate Court, New Delhi|
|Date of Birth||11 फरवरी, 1966 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2023)||57 साल|
|Place of Birth||New Delhi|
|College||National Academy of Direct Taxes, Nagpur, Maharashtra|
|Address||87 Block, BK Dutt Colony, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Traveling, listening to music, doing yoga|
|Controversies||On April 29, 2019, BJP Delhi spokesperson Harish Khurana filed a complaint in a Delhi court against Sunita Kejriwal for allegedly possessing two voter IDs. He said Sunita had a voter ID card from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh and another from Chandni Chowk in Delhi.|
|Relationships and more|
|Married date||November 1994|
|Children||Son– Pulkit Kejriwal (Student)|
Daughter– Harshita Kejriwal (Associate Consultant at Boston Consulting Group)
|Siblings||Brother– Surendra Kumar Bansal (Deceased)|
|Assets/Properties (As of 2015)||Mobile-|
Bank Deposit: INR 5.57 Lakes
Jewellery: Gold: 300 grams worth INR 9 Lakh; Silver: 500 grams worth 24,000 immovableResidential Building: Flat worth INR 1 Crore in Gurugram, Haryana
|Net Worth (approx)||INR 1.15 Crore (as in 2015)|
Some unknown facts about Sunita Kejriwal
- Sunita Kejriwal is a retired Indian civil servant. She is the wife of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
- Sunita is known to be very shy, shy, and an introvert.
- Sunita and Arvind Kejriwal were the same during their 3-month introductory course at the “Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy Surgaslot of Management” in Mussoorie.
- After his initial training in Mussoorie, he was transferred back to the “National Academy of Direct Taxes” in Nagpur. At that time she was friends with Arvind and they liked each other.
- Sunita praised Arvind’s simplicity, sincerity towards his work, and passion for changing the country.
- Arvind proposed to her in August 1994 and she said yes. In November 1994, she married Arvind Kejriwal even before completing her course.
- In 1995, after completing his training, he moved to a small apartment in Delhi.
- In 1996, She gave birth to a girl child
- In 2006, when Arvind quit his job to become an “RTI activist” and “anti-corruption crusader”, he became the sole breadwinner for his family. However, she was happy that her husband was pursuing what he loved.
- On 29 December 2013, Sunita rose to fame for the first time when Arvind was elected as the Chief Minister of Delhi and embraced Sunita. Arvind Kejriwal also tweeted pictures of Sunita hugging her and thanked her for supporting her.
- On 15 July 2016, he opted for the Indian Revenue Service (IRS) Voluntary Retirement Scheme (VRS) after 22 years of service. According to a close aide of Kejriwal-
- Even after Arvind Kejriwal became the Chief Minister of Delhi, Sunita is often seen accompanying Arvind Kejriwal during his morning walk on the streets of Delhi.
- Sunita is often seen campaigning for Arvind Kejriwal. Ahead of the “2020 Delhi Assembly Elections”, Sunita, along with Harshita Kejriwal and Pulkit Kejriwal, was seen participating in a door-to-door campaign for Arvind Kejriwal.