Shazia Ilmi Biography
- Full Name – Shazia Ilmi Malik
- Profession – Politician, Former Journalist
Physical Stats and more
- Height (Approx) – in Centimeters – 160 cm / in meters – 1.60m / feet in inches – 5′ 3″
- Weight. – in Kilograms – 60 kgs / in pounds – 132 pounds
- Eye Color – Black
- Hair Color – Brown
Political Party – Aam Aadmi Party (AAP); November 2012-May 2014, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP); January 2015-present
- 2013: He contested Delhi Assembly election from RK Puram seat on AAP ticket and lost to BJP’s Anil Sharma by a narrow margin of 326 votes.
- 2014: He contested the Ghaziabad Lok Sabha election for AAP but lost to BJP’s VK Singh. He resigned from AAP on 24 May.
- 2015: He joined BJP on 16 January.
- 2021: Appointed BJP’s national spokesperson on 21 July.
- Date of Birth – 1970
- Age (as in 2021) – 51 years
- Place of Birth – Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Nationality – Indian
- Hometown – Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- School – St. Mary’s School, Kanpur / St. Mary’s School, Nainital
- College – St. Beda’s College, Shimla / Jamia Millia Islamia, Aligarh / University of Wales, Cardiff / New York Film Academy
- Educational Qualification: Diploma in 16mm Film Production from New York Film Academy
- Religion – Islam
- Disha – E-355, Greater Kailash II, New Delhi 110048
- Hobbies – read travel
- In 2013, Shazia’s mother Naushaba Ilmi accused her of being aggressive towards her mother during a family dispute over property. I’m willing to go to jail to stop his agony, she declared. But I’ll keep fighting to get my other kids the justice he and his older brother Irshad (Ilmi) are denying them.
- In April 2014, Shazia was seen making controversial remarks about the secularism of Muslims. He said: “Don’t be too secular. Muslims are too secular and should become communal. They are not communal and do not vote for themselves. Arvind Kejriwal is ours. Muslims have been secular for a long time… They voted for Congress and helped them win. Don’t be so secular and look at your house this time.”
- Ilmi was seen accepting money from a reporter in return for some favors in a covert operation that was carried out against members of the Aam Aadmi Party. However, the veracity of the video was in doubt.
Relationships and more
Marital status – Married
- Spouse – Sajid Malik (Investment Banker and Businessman)
- Children Son – Not Known
- Daughter – 1 (Name Unknown)
- Guardian Father – Maulana Ishaq Ilmi (Founder of Urdu newspaper Siasat Jadid)
- Mother – Naushaba Ilmik
- Brothers – 4
- Ejaz Ilmi (BJP Spokesperson), Rashid Ilmi (Politician), Irshad Ilmi
- Sister – Reshma Ilmi
Net Worth (Approx) INR 31.79 Crore (as in 2013)
Some lesser known facts about Shazia Ilmiq
- Shazia Ilmi belongs to a middle class family from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- His family is related to the Indian National Congress.
- Shazia has worked as a journalist as a news anchor with Star News. He hosted and produced a prime time news program called “Desh Videsh”.
- She also hosted a show, “Dr. Kansa,” a documentary that featured sting operations against medical professionals who supported female foeticide. As a result, the medical licenses of those doctors were suspended.
- In 2011, Ilmi produced a film titled “PO 418 Siasat Kanpur”, which was screened at the IAWRT film festival. The film was based on the story of an Urdu newspaper’s struggle for survival.
- During 2011–2012, she was a spokesperson for the India Against Corruption movement led by Anna Hazare.
- In 2014, Ilmi contested the Lok Sabha election from Ghaziabad constituency but lost to VK Singh.
- Shazia joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on 16 January 2015.
- Shazia is the first working woman in her family.