Rishi Sunak Biography – Age, Family, Life, Wife, Education, Interesting Facts, Career and Many More
- 1 Rishi Sunak Biography – Age, Family, Life, Wife, Education, Interesting Facts, Career and Many More
- 2 Latest News of Rishi Sunak
Rishi Sunak is an Indian politician who was made the UK’s Finance Minister in February 2020. He is a member of the British Conservative Party and is also very popular. Rishi has been an MP from Richmond (York) in North Yorkshire since 2015. And with the resignation of the current Prime Minister Boris Johnson, there is a possibility of him becoming the Prime Minister.
Quick Info Rishi Sunak
- Name – Rishi Sunak
- Date Of Birth & Place – 12 May 1980 Southampton, England
- Post – Office of Chancellor of the Exchequer, British Parliament MP
- Chancellor of the British Exchequer – After Sajid Wajid on 13 February 2020
- Chief Secretary to the Treasurer – 24 July 2019 to 13 February 2020
- State Parliamentary Under Secretary for Local Government – 9 January 2018 to 24 July 2019
- MP for Richmond (York) – 7 May 2015 to present
- Nationality – England
Rishi Sunak Early Life and Education
Rishi Sunak’s parents are Punjabi Hindus whose names are Yashveer (Father) and Usha (Mother) Sunak. His mother and father was a pharmacist and general practitioner.
Rishi was born on 12 May 1980 in Southampton, England and married Akshata Murthy, daughter of Narayan Murthy, the founder of India’s tech company Infosys, in 2009 and has two daughters who are married. He was meet Akshata Murthy when studying at Stanford.
Rishi went to Winchester College and studied politics, philosophy and economics from Oxford University. He was also a Fulbright Scholar at Stanford University (USA), where he pursued his MBA.
Political life of Rishi Sunak
Rishi Sunak has been appointed Chancellor of the Exchequer on 13 February 2020. He was previously Chief Secretary to the Treasury from 24 July 2019 to 13 February 2020 and Parliamentary Under Secretary in the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government from 9 Jan; 2018 to 24 Jul; 2019 .
Rishi was elected Conservative Party MP for Richmond (York) in May 2015 and served as Parliamentary Private Secretary in the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy from June 2017 until his ministerial appointment.
Coin of Mahatma Gandhi and lotus flower issued on Diwali
Britain’s Finance Minister Rishi Sunak released a coin in the name of Mahatma Gandhi, called the father of the Indian national, on the occasion of Diwali, in which the national emblem of India and the picture of a lotus flower, the throne of Mother Saraswati, were also inscribed.
“As a Hindu, I feel happy to issue this coin.”
Rishi Sunak, potential future British prime minister
Interesting facts about Rishi Sunak
- Rishi Sunak has two daughters, who are married.
- Rishi had voted at that time in favor of Britain leaving the European Union.
- Rishi Sunak worked as an analyst for investment bank Goldman Sachs from 2001 to 2004.His wife is one of the richest women in Britain.
- Rishi Sunak’s brother Sanjay is a psychologist. His sister Rakhi works in the Office of Foreign Affairs, Commonwealth and Development as Head of Humanitarian, Peacebuilding, United Nations Funds and Programs.
Can Rishi Sunak become the Prime Minister of Britain ?
As UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s popularity dwindles, the Conservative Party may name Rishi Sunak as its prime ministerial candidate as he is the most popular face.
Are Rishi Sunak’s parents Indian ?
No but Rishi Sunak’s grandfather and grandmother were Indian and they are a Hindu religion family.
Latest News of Rishi Sunak
1) Rishi Sunak’s name is at the top most to become the PM of Britain. Now in the meantime, the question also arises that what things go in the favor of Rishi Sunak and what are his challenges? It is said in favor of Rishi that he had successfully pulled Britain out of the economic recession during the Corona period. During the Corona wave, he gave a package of 10 thousand crores to the entire tourism industry, in 2020 also he gave a big booster to the hotel industry. Meanwhile, there were many challenges for him which would decide his future. Watch this video.
2) Boris Johnson does not want to see Rishi Sunak becoming the Prime Minister, said – do not support under any circumstances.
3) Boris Johnson has openly revolted against Rishi Sunak because Boris thinks that before a long time he was stay away from the PM post and the man is only Rishi who is not happy to saw him on this post.