Rishi Kapoor is an Indian Bollywood actor, film producer and director. He is one of the most adorable and reputed person in the Bollywood Film Industry.
He was born in Chembur,Mumbai in a Punjabi family. Kapoor is the second son of well-known film director and star Raj Kapoor. He did his schooling at Campion school, Mumbai and completed his collge from Mayo college,Ajmer.
His brothers are renowned actors: Randhir Kapoor and Rajiv Kapoor. He is the father of actor Ranbir Kapoor. Rishi is the paternal uncle of today’s actresses Karisma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor. He is of Punjabi Hindu Khatri origin.
Rishi Kapoor first appeared in his father’s 1970 film Mera Naam Joker (My Name is Joker), playing his father’s role as a child. Rishi Kapoor had his first lead role differing Dimple Kapadia in the popular 1973-film Bobby which became an instantaneous hit with youths.
He has from the time when then appeared in thousands of movies. He played the lead role romancing young actresses till the year 2000 with the late release of Karobaar: The Business of Love. He turned on to supporting roles with Hum Tum (2004) and Fanaa (2006).
He also directed a film Aa Ab Laut Chalen in 1998 featuring Rajesh Khanna, AishwaryaRai, Akshay Khanna, Kader Khan, Paresh Rawal and Jaspal Bhatti. He performed in Namaste London and an English-language film name Don’t Stop Dreaming which was directed by his cousin Aditya Raj Kapoor (son of Rishi’s uncle Shammi Kapoor). He performed with the veteran actor Kamal Haasan in Saagar which was officially referred to the Oscars.
Rishi has performed in the movie ‘ChintuJi’ in which he plays himself. The film has references that relate to Raj Kapoor, his father, his mother, his wife and his previous films like Chandni, Mera Naam Joker and others.
His Personal Life:
Rishi Kapoor became involved to Neetu Singh, with whom he had numerous hit movies, on 13 April 1979 and then married her in 1980. They have two children: Ranbir Kapoor, who is also an actor and Ridhima Kapoor.
- 1970 – Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Awards: Special Award, and National Film Award for the film “Mera Naam Joker”.
- 1974 – Filmfare Award for the film “Bobby”.
- 2008 –Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award.
- 2009 – Honoured by Russian Government for contribution to cinema
- 2010 – Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards: Best Actor in a Supporting Role for “Love Aaj Kal”.
- 2011 –Zee Cine Awards: Best Lifetime Jodi along with Neetu Singh.
- 2011 – Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actorfor “Do Dooni Chaar”.
- 2013 – The Times of IndiaFilm Awards (TOIFA), Best Actor in a Negative Role for “Agneepath”.
- 2016 – Screen Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2017 -Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor for “Kapoor & Sons”
- 2017 – Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for “Kapoor & Sons”
- 2017 – Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role –for “Kapoor & Sons”
- 2017 – Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role for “Kapoor & Sons”
|Real Name||Rishi Kapoor|
|Date of Birth||4 September 1952|
|Birthplace||Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Debut||Film Debut: Mera Naam Joker (1970, as a child actor)
Bobby (1973, as a lead)
|Height, Weight & Body Measurements|
|Height in Centimeters||173 cm|
|Height in meters||1.73 m|
|Height in Inches||5’ 8”|
|Weight in Kilograms||88 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||194 lbs|
|Body Measurements||45-38-13 Inches|
|Chest Size||45 Inches|
|Waist Size||38 Inches|
|Biceps Size||13 Inches|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Family and Relatives|
|Father||Late Raj Kapoor (Actor, Filmmaker)|
|Mother||Krishna Kapoor (Housewife)|
|Brothers||Randhir Kapoor (Actor), Rajiv Kapoor (Actor)|
|Sisters||Ritu Nanda, Rima Jain|
|Affairs, Girlfriends and Marital Status|
Dimple Kapadia (Actress)
Neetu Singh (Actress)
|Wife/ Spouse||Neetu Singh (Actress, m. 1980-present)|
|Son||Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)|
|Daughter||Riddhima Kapoor Sahani (Designer)|
|Education and School, College|
|School||Campion School, Mumbai|
|College/ University||Mayo College, Ajmer|
|Favorites Things and Like & Dislike|
|Favorite Actor||Raj Kapoor|
|Favorite Actress||Not Available|
|Favorite Color||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Yakhni Pulao, Khatti Dal, Fish Fry, Paya, Chinese cuisine|
|Favorite Drink||Black Label whisky|
|Net Worth||$40 million|
|House Address||Krishna Raj, 27, Pali Hill, Bandra (West), Mumbai|
|Phone Number||Not Available|
|Email Id||Not Available|
Whether 'Zee News' or 'The Hindu', they never have to worry about funds. In name of saving democracy, they get money from various sources. We need your support to run this website. Please contribute whatever amount you can afford.