Raksha Bandhan is a famous Hindu festival celebrated in India. Raksha Bandhan means the thread of defense.
What is Raksha Bandhan?
In Sanskrit, Raksha means “protection” and Bandhan means “a bond”. Raksha Bandhan, usually known as Rakhi, exactly celebrates the bond of good wishes and protection between brothers and sisters. It is an ancient Hindu festival that celebrates sibling relationships but has also come to signify any relationship or tie of goodwill and friendship.
Raksha Bandhan is a famous Hindu festival celebrated in India. Raksha Bandhan means the thread of defense. It is celebrated on the full moon day of the month of Shravan. Rakshabandhan festival is celebrated to encourage love and peace among siblings. Here I am sharing information about Raksha Bandhan so that you will get to know more about the Raksha Bandhan festival.
Why Raksha bandhan is celebrated?
Rakshabandhan is a special Hindu festival celebrated in countries like India and Nepal to symbolize the love between brother and sister. The occasion of Raksha Bandhan is celebrated on the last day of the Hindu lunar calendar month of Shravan which usually falls in August. The festival of Raksha Bandhan is considered a symbol of duty between brother and sister. The occasion is known to celebrate any kind of brotherly relationship between men and women.
Raksha Bandhan is a festival that is mainly celebrated by the people of the northern and western part of India. People from other parts also celebrate this festival with the same belief. However, the method of celebrating Raksha Bandhan may vary from region to region.
On this day, the sister ties a rakhi in her brother’s hand and the brother gives her a happy gift, both of them praying to each other for a long time and vows to protect the siblings.
Story of Raksha Bandhan
Rani Karnavati and Emperor Humayun
This story of Rani Karnavati and Emperor Humayun dates back to the times when there was a conflict between the Rajputs and the Muslims in the medieval era. Rani Karnavati was the widowed wife of the king of Chittor, so how could she alone protect her kingdom. It is said that during this time, he sought help from Emperor Humayun and sent him a rakhi to save himself and his subjects from Sultan Bahadur Shah (who was the ruler of Gujarat).
After getting that Rakhi, Humayun gave Rani Karnavati the status of sister and protected her kingdom from Sultan Bahadur Shah. Since then or even earlier there are many more stories that started Rakhi, Raksha Bandhan festival. Apart from this, there are many more stories that started Raksha Bandhan. But this story is most associated with Raksha Bandhan and most people consider this as the reason for celebrating Raksha Bandhan.
Raksha Bandhan 2019 Quotes
- Sending you a thread of love which will bind our heart and life and makes our promise of togetherness stronger. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- Celebrating the blessed bond of trust and togetherness. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Happy Raksha Bandhan to the greatest brother in the world!
- I have the loveliest and sweetest brother in this world, Thanks a lot for being the best one!! Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- Even if we are not together on this Raksha Bandhan there’s always this strong bond that keeps us connected nevertheless of the geographical boundaries. You’re priceless to me! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- We are each other’s soul mates and secret-keepers. No, we are not lovers, we are siblings!! Happy Raksha Bandhan
- The one who is reading this message is very close to my heart and I love him the most.
- He is indeed you, my handsome brother. Happy Raksha Bandhan
- It is all blue, the sky is hue, dear darling brother, I love you!!! Happy Raksha bandhan.
- Cherishing the memorable time spent in childhood and trying to make new memories this year. Happy Raksha bandhan!!
Rakshabandhan 2019 Images
Raksha Bandhan Rakhi muhurat 2019
On the morning of August 15, it is possible to tie a rakhi from 5.49 am to 6 pm 01 pm. You will get 12 hours 58 minutes to tie the rakhi. The auspicious time will be three and a half hours in the afternoon. This time Rakshabandhan and Independence Day will be celebrated together after 19 years. The coincidence of lunar head Shravan Nakshatra will be very special. Siddhi Yoga will be formed from morning itself, due to which the importance of the festival will increase more. Yogi Arvind Jayanti, Mother Teresa Jayanti and Sanskrit Day will also be celebrated on this day.
Raksha Bandhan 2019 quotes,Raksha Bandhan 2019 images ,Story of Raksha Bandhan,Why Rakshabandhan is celebrated?,What is Raksha Bandhan?