Ponniyin Selvan 2: An Upcoming Epic Action Drama Film Release Date
Ponniyin Selvan 2, an Indian Tamil-language epic historical adventure film, is all set to hit the big screens on April 28, 2023. Directed by the renowned filmmaker Mani Ratnam and produced by Mani Ratnam and Subhash Karan Aliraja, the film is a much-awaited sequel to the 2022 release Ponniyin Selvan: I. The film will be released in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam, and Kannada languages.
The Cast and Crew of Ponniyin Selvan 2
The film boasts an ensemble cast, including Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Trisha Krishnan, Sobhita Dhulipala, Aishwarya Lakshmi, Karthi, Jayam Ravi, Kishore Kumar Ji Prakash Raj, Rahman, Jayaram, Pratibha Radhakrishnan, Prabhu, Sarathkumar Lal in lead roles. The film is produced under the banner of Madras Talkies and Lyca Productions.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan AS Mandakini Devi / Nandini
- Vikram AS Aditha Karikalan
- Karthi AS Vallavaraiyan Vandiyadevan
- Jayam Ravi AS Arunmozhi Varman / Ponniyin Selvan
- Trisha Krishnan AS Kundavai
- Sobhita Dhulipala AS Vaanathi
- Aishwarya Lekshmi AS Poonguzhali
- Jayaram AS Azhwarkadiyan Nambi
- Sarathkumar AS Periya Pazhuvettaraiyar (as Sarath Kumar)
- Parthiban Radhakrishnan AS Chinna Pazhuvettaraiyar
- Prabhu AS Periya Vellar Boothi Vikramakesari
- Prakash Raj AS Sundara Chozhan
- Rahman AS Madurantakar
- Kishore Kumar G. AS Ravi Dasan
- Lal AS Malayamaan
- Nizhalgal Ravi AS Sambuvuraiyar
- Nassar AS Veerapandiyan
- Vikram Prabhu AS Parthibendra Pallavan
- Ashwin Kakumanu AS Senthan Amuthan
- Aswin Rao AS Kandanmaaran
- Mohan Raman AS Aniruddha Brahmarayar
- Sara Arjun AS Child Nandini
- Jayachitra AS Sembiyan Mahadevi
- Arjun Chidambaram AS Varagunan
- Balaji Sakthivel AS Vanangamudi
- Anil Kumar AS Pasupathi
- Vidhya Subramaniam AS Vanavan Madevi
- Vinodhini Vaidyathan AS Vasuki
- Kamal Haasan AS Narrator
- Vijay Yesudas
- Amzat Khan
- Makrand Deshpande
- Anil Kumar AS Pasupathi
The Storyline of Ponniyin Selvan 2
The film is based on the 1955 novel Ponniyin Selvan by Kalki Krishnamurthy, and it revolves around the Chola dynasty. The sequel aims to give us a definitive answer as to who will take over the kingdom. The trailer of the film suggests that Vikram, as Adita Karikalan, wins more battles and victories, and the story progresses from there.
The Production and Budget of Ponniyin Selvan 2
Mani Ratnam revived the effort to adapt the novel in January 2019, and after the cast and crew were finalized, the production for Ponniyin Selvan began on December 11, 2019. Filming for Ponniyin Selvan was completed on September 18, 2021, halted twice due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Initially, the entire film was to be shot in one part, but later it was divided into two parts. The budget for the film was reported to be around ₹500 crores ($63 million), split between the two parts.
The Trailer and Hype for Ponniyin Selvan 2
The trailer for Ponniyin Selvan 2 was released on April 1, 2023, and it has already garnered over 17 million views on the internet. Fans of Mani Ratnam are eagerly anticipating the release of this epic action drama film.
Ponniyin Selvan 2 is a highly anticipated film, and fans of Mani Ratnam and the cast members are eagerly waiting for its release. With an impressive star cast, an intriguing storyline, and stunning visuals, the film promises to be a visual treat for moviegoers. The film’s release on April 28, 2023, is eagerly awaited by fans across the country.