Nathuram Godse Biography!! Nathuram Vinayak Godse was the assassin of Mahatma Gandhi. Godse was a Hindu nationalist from Maharashtra who shot Gandhi in the chest three times at point blank range at a multi-faith prayer meeting in Birla House in New Delhi on 30 January 1948.
Nathuram Godse Biography
|Nathuram Vinayak Godse
|Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) Activist, Politician, Journalist
|Killing Mahatma Gandhi by shooting him three times in his chest
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth
|19 May 1910
|Baramati, Pune district, Bombay Presidency, British India
|Date of Death
|15 November 1949
|Place of Death
|Ambala Prison, East Punjab (Now, Haryana), Dominion of India
|Age (at the time of death)
|Baramati, Maharashtra, India
|A local school at Baramati, Bombay Presidency, British, India
|Relationships & More
|Father– Vinayak Vamanrao Godse (Worked in Post Office)
|Brother– Gopal Godse
Nathuram Godse: The nationalist who killed Mahatma Gandhi
- In his childhood, Godse highly respected Mahatma Gandhi but, according to him, when Gandhi favoured Muslims, his ideology changed.
- Godse started writing his articles to publicised his thoughts.
- Godse assassinated Mahatma Gandhi at a multi-faith prayer meeting on January 30, 1948, when Gandhi Ji visited the then Birla House in New Delhi for a prayer meeting.
- He fired three bullets at the chest of Gandhi ji from a close range, ensuring his death.
- Godse chose not to escape and was arrested, tried and sentenced to death.