Masaba Gupta is a Mumbai-born fashion designer, TV personality, and role model for women. She is of Indo-Caribbean descent.
Indian actress Neena Gupta and West Indies cricketer Viv Richards were both born and raised in Mumbai. Her parents, however, were never wed, and Neena Gupta served as her mother while she was growing up. She began pursuing a profession in fashion design when she was 19 years old.
Masaba Gupta Quick Info
- Name – Masaba Gupta
- Profession – Fashion Designer, TV personality
- Famous For – Daughter of cricketer Viv Richards and renowned fashion designer
- Date of Birth – 2 Nov; 1988
- Age – 33 years
- Birth Place – Delhi, India
- Home Town – Mumbai, India
- Bachelor of Education Fashion
- College Smt. Nathibai Damodar Thackeray Women’s University, Mumbai, India
Nationality – Indian
Caste – Hindu
Debut – Appearance Lakme Fashion Week 2007
Height – 5 feet 6 inches
Weight – 60 kg
Body Shape – (Figure) 33-23-34
Marital Status – Divorced (as in March 2019)
Marriage Date – 2015-2019
Husband/Spouse – Madhu Mantena (Film Producer) (Marriage – 2015, Divorce – 2019)
Net worth – 65 crores
Masaba Gupta Biography
- He was born in Delhi, India, on November 2nd, 1988. The age of Masaba Gupta is 33. Mumbai is where he spent his youth.
- His parents, actor Nina Gupta and former cricketer Viv Richards, never wed, and he spent much of his youth living with and being raised by his mother after the family relocated from New Delhi to Mumbai.
- Gupta personally. adored Nana as a father would. The relationship between her father and daughter was revived when she turned 20 since she began spending time with him.
- She began practising to become a tennis player when she was only 8 years old when her mind grew fixated on the sport. However, by the time she was 16, her focus had switched away from the sport and she had stopped training. ceased using
- She eventually discovered a liking for dance as she grew older, and to pursue this passion, she enrolled in the dance school run by Gupta Shiamak Davar.
- Neena Gupta, her mother, urged her against becoming a dancer since she did not want to see her daughter in such a profession. Masaba Gupta, meanwhile, had already flown off to London to pursue a career in dance and music.
- He did not enjoy dancing or listening to music as a result of his mother’s lack of support, and he began to miss home and experience loneliness on a regular basis. As a result, he once more abandoned his studies in music and dance in London. It was India.
- Later, Masaba enrolled in a fashion and design course at the Smt. Nathibai Damodar Thackeray Women’s University. She now works in the fashion and design industry as a career.
Education of Masaba Gupta
- Masaba attended her primary and secondary schools in her hometown. She entered Shiamak Davar’s dance academy while still a student to pursue her love of dance.
- She then travelled to London to enrol in dancing classes. She abandoned the course, though, and returned to her native India as a result of her restless mind.
- Masaba continued her profession in this area after earning her degree from Smt. Nathibai Damodar Thackeray Women’s University in Mumbai.
Masaba Gupta’s Career
- After earning her degree from the Smt. Nathibai Damodar Thackeray University for Women, Indo-Caribbean fashion designer Masaba Gupta founded her own business, “House of Masaba.”
- Masaba Gupta, a 33-year-old fashion icon and designer, had her big debut at the Lakme Fashion Week when she was 19 years old, and she has since dominated the fashion industry.
- Masaba Gupta, a designer with extensive expertise in the world of fashion and design, is often referred to as the “Queen of Print” internationally and was included on the Forbes Under 30 list in 2017.
- Masaba Gupta has mastered the fusion trend, largely as a result of the culture she received from her Indian actress mother Neena Gupta and her West Indian cricketer father Richards Viv.
- Gupta and Maybelline New York worked together to create a clothing line in 2016 that was based on a new lipstick range the brand was introducing, however the idea failed for a number of reasons. She has stated that her biggest regret throughout her career was his Stylista collection.
- Masaba Gupta is renowned for becoming the first Indian fashion designer to have a show on Instagram. Masaba claims that up to 60% of all sales are made using WhatsApp, which accounts for the majority of their transactions.
- She introduced a hijab-sari line for Muslim ladies in 2018.
- In the Netflix TV Webseries they starred in in 2019, Masaba Gupta and her mother Neena Gupta made their acting debuts. Masaba Gupta and her mother Neena Gupta examine their lives via fashion and cinema in the TV web series “Masaba Masaba.” They also exhibit
Husband of Masaba Gupta
- Masaba Gupta develops feelings for Madhu Mantena. Madhu Varma Mantena, better known by his stage name Madhu Mantena, is an Indian film producer and businessman who is also well known for producing movies in Bengali, Hindi, and Telugu.
- Madhu Mantena is also credited with producing movies like Rakta Charitra (2010), the political thriller Rann (2010), and the Bengali hit movie Autograph, which also produced India’s highest-grossing movie Ghajini in 2008.
- On June 2, 2015, Masaba Gupta wed Madhu Mantena in a traditional ceremony. The couple has not yet given birth to any children. However, their marriage did not endure very long; after four years, they both chose to separate. Masaba and her spouse Madhu Mantena declared their separation at the end of the year 2018; they finalised their divorces in 2020.
Interesting facts about Masaba Gupta
- Mabasa Gupta was born out of wedlock and is the daughter of Indian actress Neena Gupta and cricketer Vivian Richard. Neena Gupta has expressed her regret after dating a married guy in a statement.
- Masaba Gupta experienced several difficulties as a child. There was turmoil for her parents whenever they were in the spotlight. The child born out of wedlock almost had his or her childhood destroyed. She was teased as a child because she was the daughter of a man from the West Indies and had heavy, curly hair.
- Masaba Gupta claimed that she would have worked a desk job in an advertising agency if she had not become a fashion designer. However, this did not occur, and she is now a very well-known fashion designer.
- A well-known fashion designer around the world, Masaba Gupta, has shared her life story in her Netflix series, “Masaba Masaba.” A look into Masaba’s life and how she came to be the most well-known designer girl in India will be provided via this Netflix documentary series. He is quite enthusiastic about this online series, according to his mother Neena Gupta!
Masaba Gupta’s net worth
- Total assets (Net Worth 2021) $ 9 million
- Net worth in Indian Rupees 65 crores