Mahua Moitra is the leader of TMC as well as she is the MP from Krishnanagar Lok Sabha seat of West Bengal. Mahua resigned as vice-chairman at JP Morgan in 2008 to enter politics. He contested and won the assembly elections from the Karimpur constituency. After that, his stature in the party kept increasing and in 2019, Mamta Banerjee gave him the Lok Sabha election ticket. She fully lived up to Mamta’s expectations and became MP from Krishna Nagar’s seat.
|Physical status and more|
|Height (Approx)||in cm– 168 सेमीin meter– 1.68m
Feet in inches – 5′ 6″
|Weight||In kilogram– 55 Kg
in pound– 121 pound
|Shape Measurements (Approx.)||32-24-34|
|Political parties||• Indian National Congress (Youth Congress; 2008–2010)
• All India Trinamool Congress (TMC; 2010–present)
|Political Journey||• Joined Youth Congress in 2008 as a member
• Joined All India Trinamool Congress in 2010
• Won the 2016 West Bengal Legislative Assembly election from the Karimpur constituency
• She has also been the spokesperson and general secretary of TMC
• Announced as TMC candidate for the 2019 general election from Krishnanagar constituency of West Bengal
• She won the election and was elected deputy on May 24, 2019
|Date of Birth||5 may, 1975|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||She did her schooling from Kolkata|
|College||Mount Holyoke College, Massachusetts, USA|
|Educational Qualification||BA in Economics and Mathematics from|
|Address||9A, Ratna Bali, 7A Judge Court Road, Kolkata, West Bengal|
|controversy||• On January 4, 2017, Mahua Moitra filed a defamation suit against Babul Supriyo after he called her during a live television debate – Mahua ke nashe mein Mahua (also known as Desh Bhawna in West Bengal). He accused her of defaming him on National TV.
• Union Minister Babul Supriyo filed a defamation case against Mahua Moitra on January 11, 2017, claiming that she wrongly accused him of having close links with the Rose Valley Relief Fund scam.
• On 3 August 2018, she allegedly assaulted a policeman at the Assam airport as she was about to board a flight to Kolkata. He was refused to board the flight and was kept in custody overnight.
|Relationships and more|
|Married date||January 2002|
|Spouse||Lars Brorsen (Scandinavian)|
|Guardian Father||Dweependra Lal Moitra
Mother- Manju Moitra
|Cars||Mahindra Scorpio (2016 Model)|
Bank Deposits: INR 1.05 Crore
Jewellery: 3.2-carat diamond ring worth Rs 70 lakh, 150 gm gold worth Rs 5 lakh, 3 kg silver worth Rs 1 lakh, silverware worth Rs 1.65 lakh, art pieces worth Rs 25 lakh.
|Salary (as a Member of Parliament)||Rs 1 lakh + other allowances|
|Net Worth (approx)||INR 2.64 Crore (as of 2019)|
Some lesser-known facts about Mahua Moitra
- Mahua Moitra is an Indian politician. She is a Member of Parliament from the Krishnanagar constituency of West Bengal. She belongs to the All India Trinamool Congress (TMC).
- Before starting her political career, Mahua was the Vice President of JP Morgan, London.
- She was interested in politics since the age of 18.
- Moitra was inspired to quit her job at her 10-year college reunion when she saw that all her fellow students were successful bankers. That day she promised herself that she would not return to her university’s 20th anniversary as “just another CEO”.
- She was Rahul Gandhi’s most trusted man when She was in the West Bengal Youth Congress. She used to lead the Aam Aadmi ki Sipahi (AAKS) initiative and was very successful in it.
- She resigned from the Youth Congress when She realized that Congress always compromises with the Left; She did not like the leftist ideology, so she resigned.
- Once in an interview, she was asked about his political career, and she replied- I’m about to get out of the cocoon now.”
- Her main focus during her rallies has been education, employment, and youth empowerment. She often targets university students and has a deep connection with the youth of her constituency.
- On March 12, 2019, Mamata Banerjee announced the name of Mahua Moitra as the TMC candidate from the Krishnanagar constituency for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
- She won the 2019 Lok Sabha election from the Krishnanagar constituency and was elected Member of Parliament.