Kabir Bedi Biography
Kabir Bedi is an Indian film actor active not only in India but also in America and Italy. Please tell me Kabir is mostly known for his passionate roles in Hindi movies.
Kabir Bedi Quick Info
- Full Name – Kabir Bedi
- Nationality – Indian
- Born – 16 January 1946 (age 77 years)
- Birthplace – Lahore, British India Lahore, British India
- Education (Alma Mater) – Sherwood School, Nainital, St. Stephen’s College, Delhi Sherwood School, Nainital, St. Stephen’s College, Delhi
- Educational qualification – graduate
- Work Occupation – actor
- Hobby / interest – Travel and writing
- Favorite Food – Boiled Eggs, Marmalade on Buttered Toast, Scotch Whiskey, Brunello Di Montalcino Wine, Dom Perignon
- Favorite Destination – London, Rome, Delhi
- Favorite Movies – Bollywood – Khoon Bhari Maang
- Hollywood – Dr Zhivago, Octopussy, Gandhi
- Favorite Actor – Bud Spencer
- Favorite TV Show – Italian : Sandokan
Favorite Comic Book Hero – The Phantom, Batman
Favorite Cartoon – Chipmunks
Kabir Bedi Early life
Actor Kabir Bedi was born on January 16, 1946 into a Sikh family. His father was the Punjabi Sikh writer and philosopher Baba Piyale Lal Singh Bedi. His mother, Frida Bedi, was British and was born in Derby, England. Speaking of Kabir Bedi’s education, he graduated from Sherwood College, Nainital, Uttarakhand and St. Stephen’s College, Delhi.
Kabir Bedi Marriage
Know that Kabir Bedi has had four jobs and has three children, Pooja, Siddharth and Adam. Let’s talk about Kabir’s first marriage. His first marriage was to Protima Bedi, an Odissi dancer. Kabir Protima has a daughter Pooja Bedi who is a journalist. Siddharth, the second son, who was a student at Carnegie Mellon University in the United States and had been diagnosed with schizophrenia, killed himself.
After his marriage to Protima, rumors surfaced about an affair between Kabir Bedi and film actress Parveen Babi. In 1990, Kabir married TV and radio presenter Nikki Bedi. They divorced in 2005, but Kabir later began dating Parveen Dosanj and married her for the third time on his 70th birthday.
Kabir Bedi Film Career
As for Kabir Bedi’s film career, he started with Indian theater before switching to Hindi cinema. Let me inform you that Bedi is one of the first Indian artists working internationally. She made her acting debut in Hindi films before moving into Hollywood productions and becoming a household name in Europe.
Seem, Punishment, Mera Shikar, Ishq, Hustle, Kachche Dhaage, Ashanti, Bloody demand, Aakhri Kasam, Kurbaan, Yalgaar, Mohan-Jodaro, Terror Hi Terror Revolution, Main Hoon Na, Kites, Shaib Biwi Aur Gangster etc.
Some Untold facts about Kabir Bedi
- A writer and philosopher, Baba Pyare Lal Singh Bedi was his father.
- The first Western woman to convert to Tibetan Buddhism was Freda Bedi, a British woman who was born in Derby, England, and the mother of Kabir.
- Siddharth Bedi, the son of Kabir Bedi who committed suicide at the age of 26, had schizophrenia.
- He plays the supporting antagonist Gobinda in the James Bond movie Octopussy from 1983. He is the first actor from Bollywood to play the bad guy in a James Bond movie.
- For a full season of the well-known American TV programme The Bold and the Beautiful, he played Prince Omar Rashid.
- As the highest civilian distinction bestowed by the Italian Republic, Kabir Bedi has been given the title of Cavaliere (Knight) of the Ordine al Merito Della Repubblica Italiana.
- Kabir has been married four times, the fourth time to Parveen Dusanjh, who is four years younger than Kabir’s daughter Pooja Bedi and 42 years old, a day before Kabir turns 70.
- Despite having an age gap of 8 to 29 years, Kabir and Parveen have been living together for 10 years.
- He appeared on Ch@t, an Italian radio programme in 2007, when he parodied Sandokan, an Indian TV programme of the same name.
- In Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time’s Hindi version, he dubbed Sir Ben Kingsley’s voice as Nizam (2010).
- Kabir Bedi made numerous attempts to write his autobiography but was unsuccessful for unknown reasons.