Gaurav Gogoi Biography!! He is an Indian politician and social worker of Indian National Congress from Assam. He is serving as the Deputy Leader of the Indian National Congress in the Lok Sabha since 2020. Gogoi represents the Kaliabor constituency in the Lok Sabha since 2014. Gogoi is the son of former chief minister of Assam Tarun Gogoi. He left his job at Airtel to join a Delhi-based NGO called Pravah in 2005.
Gaurav Gogoi Biography
|Leading the no-confidence motion against the ruling BJP government in July 2023
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.8 m
in feet & inches– 5’9”
|in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Indian National Congress
|• Gaurav joined Indian National Congress Party in 2013
• He was elected as Member of Parliament from the Kaliabor Lok Sabha constituency of Assam in 2014.
• In 2019, Gaurav was re-elected as MP from the Kaliabor constituency.
• In 2020, Congress party appointed him as the Deputy Leader of the party in Lok Sabha.
|Awards, Honours, Achievements
|• Best Parliamentarian Award 2018 by Fame India
• Bharat Asmita Rashtriya Puruskar 2022 by MIT School of Government
|Date of Birth
|4 September 1982
|St. Columba’s School, Delhi
|• Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University), Delhi
• Robert F Wagner Graduate School of Public Service (New York University)
|• B.Tech degree in Electronics Engineering
• Master’s degree in Public Administration
|Playing football, shooting, cooking, dancing
|Relationships & More
|24 September 2013
|Father– Tarun Gogoi (Former CM of Assam)
Mother– Dolly Gogoi
|Sister– Chandrima Gogoi
|Kolkata Biryani, Prawn, Crabs
|Bhagat Singh, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Jawaharlal Nehru
Gaurav Gogoi Age
Gaurav Gogoi was on born 4 September 1982 in Delhi, India. Gaurav father Tarun Gogoi served as a Chief Minister of Assam from 2001 to 2016 as the longest-serving chief minister of the state.
Gaurav Gogoi Early Life
Gaurav graduated from St. Columba’s School in Delhi. After then completed B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering in 2004 from Indraprastha University, Delhi Gaurav joined the marketing team of Airtel. Gaurav later went to the United States of America to study public administration. Gaurav holds a Master of Public Administration from New York University. Gaurav also enjoys dancing and choreography. In 2013, He married UK-born Elizabeth Colebourn. In 2014, He joined the Congress Party and is the Member of the Indian Parliament for Kaliabor. Gaurav and his wife have two children – one son and one daughter.
Gaurav Gogoi Political Career
Gaurav entered politics and said that he would do whatever the party wanted him to do. In March 2014, the Congress Party announced Gaurav as its candidate from Kaliabor (Lok Sabha constituency). After this announcement, Gaurav filed his nomination on 19 March 2014. Gaurav won his first election polling a total of 443,315 votes beating his nearest rival, Mrinal Kumar Saikia of BJP by over 93,000 votes.
Some Facts About Gaurav Gogoi
- He is an Indian politician and social worker who is the son of former Chief Minister of Assam, Tarun Gogoi.
- Gaurav father was a lawyer and politician who served as the Chief Minister of Assam.
- After completing his engineering degree, He joined Airtel’s marketing team.
- From 2005 to 2007, He worked with Pravah, an NGO, based in Delhi.
- After coming back to India, in 2011, He founded an NGO, Farm2Food, to oversee the mid-day meal program and introduce children to organic farming.
Tags:- Gaurav Gogoi, Gaurav Gogoi Biography, Gaurav Gogoi Age, Gaurav Gogoi Family, Gaurav Gogoi Wife, Gaurav Gogoi Early Life, Gaurav Gogoi Political Career, Facts About Gaurav Gogoi, Indian politician, Social Worker, Indian National Congress