A very hurting news came out from the national capital Delhi on Sunday morning. A huge fire broke out in a building placed in the grain market on Rani Jhansi Road. So far 43 people have been reported dead due to fire and suffocation while dozens of people have been injured. The injured have been admitted to different hospitals in Delhi. The fire has been controlled. The rescue operation is over. NDRF also reached the spot. Relief and rescue operations are going on. The area in which the fire broke out is also called Filmistan. Most of the dead were workers who are said to be residents of Bihar. The factory was built on different floors of the building where the fire broke out. People were sleeping after work late at night .
- 11.18 AM Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal reached the spot. Said – will punish the guilty. Said: Compensation of 10 lakh will be given to the dead and one lakh to the injured. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that this is a very big accident. The cause is yet to be ascertained. Orders have been ordered to investigate the matter.
- 11.08 AM Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri, Anurag Thakur, and Delhi BJP President Manoj Tiwari arrived on the spot. Delhi BJP announced compensation of five lakh rupees
- 10:55 AM After the fire in the grain market, BJP leader Vijender Gupta demanded a special session of Delhi Assembly
- 10: 50 AM, accidents have become common in Delhi. This is the area of Delhi government minister, Delhi government should take care of it: Vijay Goel, BJP MP.
- 10.45 AM, Imran Hussain, Minister in the Kejriwal government, while announcing an inquiry into the incident, has said that strict action will be taken against those who are found guilty.
- 10:22 AM PM Modi tweeted and said, the fire in the grain market on Delhi’s Rani Jhansi Road is very fierce. My condolences to those who lost their loved ones. I wish the injured well soon. Officers are providing all possible help at the site of the tragedy.
- 10:17 AM The factory in which the fire is spread over 600 yards and school bag packaging is done there. First, a building caught fire and on seeing it, the fire engulfed two more adjacent buildings. These factories were running in a very crowded and residential area.
- 10.15 AM Death toll reached 43. 34 died in LNJP Hospital, while nine breathed their last at Lady Herding Hospital.
Detail About Incident
An eyewitness says people were sleeping after working late at the factory. According to the information, a fire broke out in a factory near Grain Mandi on Rani Jhansi Road this morning. The workers were sleeping inside the factory. Most of the people have died of suffocation. There was a stir in the area after the incident. People started running here and there. According to the information, a building caught fire in the grain market. The fire was so terrible that 30 fire engines arrived to control the fire. However, on seeing the fire, it continued to grow. After the incident, the injured were rushed to a nearby hospital. At the same time, 40 people have been saved in this fire.
— ANI (@ANI) December 8, 2019
However, the relief operation is still going on. The incident is at 5 am in the morning. Where there is a three-story bakery. There was a fire on the upper floor of three adjacent bakeries. Due to the fire, there was smoke everywhere in the area. At the same time, due to the area being quite congested, the fire spread more .. Black smoke is coming out of the windows of the house, which shows that there was a huge fire inside. The cause of the fire has not been known.
On this incident, Delhi Fire Service Deputy Chief Fire Officer Sunil Chaudhary said, the fire has been controlled. At the same time, more than 30 fire engines are on the spot and relief work is going on. Fire officials say that this is the largest rescue operation in Delhi.
Tags: #Delhifire #delhi fire update #Fierce fire in Delhi #delhi news #delhi anaz mandi #anaz mandi #delhi live