You must have heard or read about Tejashwi Surya through TV, newspapers and magazines. Tejasvi Surya is a popular and active youth parliamentarian leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party as well as a strong advocate. The BJP has made Tejashwi the national president of the party’s Yuva Morcha unit. Tejashwi Surya holds the record of becoming the youngest member of the Indian Parliament at the age of 29. In the next article, you will get information related to Tejashwi Surya’s education, politics, achievements, etc.
Life introduction of Tejasvi Surya
- Name Surya Shree L. s. Majestic
- Father’s Name Shri Suryanarayan L. a.
- Mother’s Name Smt. Ram Suryanarayan
- Date of Birth 16 November 1990
- Place of Birth Chikkamagaluru, Bangalore (Karnataka)
- Educational BA, LLB
- Institute: Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, Bangalore
- profession lawyer
- Marital Status Single
- Permanent Address No. 381, 1st Main Road, Near Vivekananda Park, Girinagar, 1st Floor, Bengaluru-560085, Karnataka
- Present address 40 , Ashoka Road, New Delhi – 110001 Telephone : (011) 23311226
- Constituency Bangalore South (Karnataka)
- Related Party Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
- Contact Number (080) 26651166, 09916836964, 09964453032
- Official Email Id email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Tejashwi Surya took charge
- On 1 May 2019, Tejasvi Surya was elected to the 17th Lok Sabha from Bangalore South (Karnataka) Lok Sabha seat by defeating his rival leader BK Hariprasad by over one lakh votes.
- 13 September 2019 Member, Accepted charge as Member, Standing Committee on Communications and Information Technology
- 16 September 2019 Member, Joint Committee on Offices of Profit Member
- 11 December 2019 Member, Joint Committee on Data Protection Bill, 2019 Member, Consultative Committee, Posts related to Ministry of Finance
Some facts related to Tejasvi Surya
Tejashwi Surya established a foundation in 2008 under Arise India Movement which takes up the issues of the education of children of laborers and works for the education of poor children. Many rallies were taken out by the Foundation for the awareness of education, in which many state leaders participated.
During his BA studies, Tejashwi Surya actively participated in the programs of the Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad in his college, Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, which marked the beginning of his political journey.
Tejashwi Surya played the role of a prominent campaigner in the 2014 general elections for his party BJP.
Tejashwi Surya was instrumental in making his party’s Mangalore Chalo Rally in 2017 a success.
Tejashwi campaigned heavily for the BJP in the 2018 Karnataka Assembly elections.
Literary, Artistic and Scientific Achievements of Tejasvi Surya
As a regular contributor to online publications and newspapers such as Swarajya, Bharat Fact and Kannada Prabha, wrote several articles on constitutional law, culture, tourism, urban mobility and other topics related to ease of living of citizens.
BJP leader Tejashwi Surya has traveled widely to many countries in his political career.
sports and clubs
Tejashwi Surya loves to play badminton. Surya also keeps running as an amateur for his fitness. Surya also likes to do swimming occasionally.
Tejaswi Surya’s interests
Tejaswi Surya considers himself an ardent follower of Swami Vivekananda
He has great interest in knowing and reading about Dr.BR Ambedkar and Veer Savarkar, History, Religion and Spirituality.
Surya is a core believer in Hinduism, the inclusive philosophy that has been the core of India since its ancient times. Surya has a keen interest in all these subjects.
Tejaswi Surya also has a keen interest in the study of history, philosophy, science and civilization.
Work done by Tejashwi Surya
Tejasvi Surya started the Bengaluru South Education and Social Change Project.
Has been a vocal advocate for a special law for Bengaluru, he has also expressed concern over the current one-year term for the Mayor and suggested that the tenure of the Mayor should be at least 3-5 years.
Helped people by getting them houses under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana for homeless people in Bengaluru.
Controversy related to Tejashwi Surya
Tejashwi Surya is known for his nationalist and Hindutva image. Many times legal action has been taken against Surya for giving speeches against other religions in his campaign rallies.
In his speeches, Tejasvi Surya has been surrounded by controversies by raising the issue of the return of Hindus very intensely.
When the central government talked about implementing the NRC law in the whole country, there were many demonstrations against it in Delhi. In his statement against the protest, Surya said that only ‘puncture makers’ oppose the law. This statement created big controversy for him. And while tweeting against this demonstration, Tejashwi Surya wrote that Mughal rule has come in the country.
Similarly, during the time of Corona Covid-19, a video of a hospital went viral on social media in which Surya was seen making objectionable statements against the Muslim religion. After his statement, the police arrested him Legal action was taken against Surya.