Batla House Encounter Case

Batla House encounter officially known as Operation Batla House. A Delhi court convicted Indian Mujahideen suspect Shahzad Ahmed on the murder of a police inspector and attacking other officials in the Batla House encounter case on Thursday. The court will hear the judgment on Monday.

Additional Sessions Judge Rajendra Kumar Shastri said that he was convicted in the murder case of the murder of Inspector MC Sharma and the head constable Balwant Singh and Rajbir Singh. He said that he was also convicted in the crime of offensive police officers and obstructing his duty.

The judge said after convicting Shehzad that in this case he will be sentenced on Monday (July 29)2008. The court found guilty of killing Shahzad, attempting to murder, attacking public servants, obstructing and ruthlessly injuring policemen, to stop them from duty.

batla house

However, the court blameless Shehzad under the charge of Section 174A of the Indian Penal Code. This section is connected to the failure of the court after being summoned at a special place on special occasions. This case of the encounter was on September 19, 2008, flat number L18 of Batla House in Jamia Nagar area of ​​Delhi. Six days before the meeting, there were serial blasts in the capital, in which 26 persons were killed and 133 were injured.

On September 13, 2008, serial bomb blasts in Delhi’s Karol Bagh, Connaught Place, India Gate and Greater Kailash In these bomb blasts, 26 people were killed, while 133 were injured. Delhi Police had found in the search that the bomb blast was carried out by the terrorist group Indian Mujahideen.  On September 19, six days after the incident, the Special Cell of Delhi Police was conversant that five terrorists of Indian Mujahideen are present in a house located in Butala House.

Batla House Delhi Encounter

Let’s understand the story of this whole encounter …

batla house encounter case

September 13, 2008

Five serial bombings in Delhi, in which 26 people were killed and more than 100 injured.

September 19, 2008

A special team led by Inspector Mohan Chandra Sharma of Special Cell of Delhi Police and encounter accused in Indian Mujahideen’s hideout hidden in the L-18 house of Batla House in Jamia Nagar. Police claimed that two alleged extremists were killed in the encounter, two were arrested and one was fugitive. They were told to be responsible for the Delhi blasts.In the encounter, injured inspector Mohan Chandra Sharma was admitted to nearby Holy Family Hospital, where he died after eight hours of treatment. According to the postmortem report, he was stomach, thigh and shot right in the right hand. His death was due to more bleeding. Police responsible for Shahzad Ahmed for Mohan Chandra Sharma’s death.

September 21, 2008

Police said that he arrested three alleged extremists of Indian Mujahideen and a person who took care of the L-18 house of Batla House. Police arrested 14 people in connection with the blasts in Delhi. These arrests were made from Delhi and Uttar Pradesh. Human rights organizations filed a request in the Delhi High Court demanding a judicial inquiry into the matter by stating the Batla House encounter as a fake.

May 21, 2009

The Delhi High Court asked the National Human Rights Commission to investigate the claims of the police and submit the report within two months.

July 22, 2009

The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) untaken its report before the Delhi High Court. A clean chit was given to the Delhi Police in the report.

August 26, 2009

The Delhi High Court accepted the report of the NHRC and denied the judicial inquiry.

August 26, 2009

The Delhi High Court accepted the report of the NHRC and denied the judicial inquiry.

October 30, 2009

An appeal was filed in the Supreme Court against the High Court’s decision, but the Supreme Court also refused the judicial inquiry. The Supreme Court said that an investigation of the case will affect the morale of the police.

September 19, 2010

On completion of two years of Batla House encounter, motorcycle riders fired on foreign tourists near Delhi’s Jama Masjid. Two Taiwanese civilians were injured in this.

6th February 2010

Police arrested Shahzad Ahmed in connection with the death of police inspector Mohan Chandra Sharma.

20th July 2013

The court secured the verdict after completing the trial in the case of Shahzad Ahmed.

25th July 2013

The court convicted Shahzad Ahmed on conviction.

batla house
batla house

Shehzad’s lawyer’s plea During the hearing of the case

Shahzad’s counsel had argued in the court that there is no such evidence to the police which proves that Shahzad was present on the spot at the time of the encounter. Shahzad’s lawyer also rejected the police plea that Shehzad’s passport was found in Batla House’s house number AP-18.

The lawyer claimed that the police had obtained the passport wrongly and that is why there is no sign of any witness during the recovery. Shahzad’s lawyer has also raised the question that when the police had surrounded the house number L18 around the encounter.

See the cast and crew of batla house movie 


Batla House Real Story, Batla House Case, Batla House Movies, Batla House Market.