Anup Jalota was born on 29-07-1953 in Nainital in the state of Uttarakhand, India. He is an Indian Singer & Musician.
Anup Jalota began his journey in the field of music like a (chorus singer), and he started signing at the (All India Radio). Anup is usually the master of playing the musical instruments like “dholak, santoor, sarangi, sitar, Guitar and tabla. He gained the popularity from the most liked bhajans”Aisi Lagi Lagan, Jag Me Sundar Hai Do Naam, Chadariya Jhini Re Jhini and Main Nahi Makhan Khayo.
During 2002, -05 he presented the show (Dharam Aur Hum) telecasted on star plus (. In the year 2008 the title song for the (CD) Noorani Chehra” was recorded by Anup Jalota (Golden Memorable Yaadein) to celebrate the Aga Khan’s Golden Jubilee. In his life he married with two women first was Sonali Sheth to whom he met at the concert and second, was Bhatia and this marriage could no longer survive.
|BIRTHDAY||29 July, 1953 (Wednesday)|
|BIRTH PLACE||Nainital , Uttarakhand|
|AGE (in 2020)||66 Years Old|
|HEIGHT||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|WEIGHT||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176.37 lbs
Honours & Awards
|AWARD NAME||AWARD CATEGORY||RECEIPT YEAR||RECEIPT FIELD|
|Padma Shri||Civilian Award||2012||Arts|
He was born to a singer Purushottam Das Jalota. He has two brothers and two sisters. He was married three times to Bina Bhatia, Sunali Rathod (singer), and Medha Jalota and now he is in a relationship with Jasleen Matharu. He has two sons named Tushar Jalota and Aryamann Jalota.
Secrets About Anup Jalota
- He has received a career-best number of 100 certified (gold, platinum and multi-platinum) discs.
- He is popular from the Bhajans Aisi Lagi Lagan,Jag Me Sundar Hai Do Naam,Main Nahi Makhan Khayo and Chadariya Jhini Re Jhini .
- On 16 Sep 2018, he entered the house on the grand opening of the show Bigg_Boss season 12 as a contestant along with his partner Jasleen Matharu.
- In his life, he married three times.
- In 2012 he was conferred by Padma Shri by the Govt of India for his outstanding working in Art-Indian Classical Music